Happy Fourth of July!
Or, as we like to call it, Pyro Day! (Who doesn't like to blow stuff up?) The store will be open regular hours over the weekend so plan to come in for your holiday weekend must-haves. We've got tasty locally-made brats and pretzel rolls to fill your grill, a fun and funky beer selection to fill your fridge and, as usual, we have all your home beer and wine making supplies so you can fill your extra day off with your favorite hobby.
So to recap, the storefront in Falls Church will be open Saturday 10 am. to 6 pm., Sunday Noon to 4 pm. and will be closed on Monday, July 4. The web store will be open 24/7, as it always is.
We are continually bringing in more beers from more breweries. Want to know what we have on the shelves? Check our website under the Beer Me! tab. And every Saturday afternoon we'll be pouring samples so you can try before you buy. Check our social media feeds each Friday for info on what we're tasting that week. Cheers!
Get the Untapped App
Our Beer Me! list is powered by the Untapped app. The app is an easy way to find out about beers, breweries and venues, share what you are drinking and get recommendations from friends. Once you download the app, search for myLocal HomeBrew Shop under "Venues" and you can opt in for notifications whenever we add new beers. Super convenient!
Dude, It's Time To Buy A Mill!
Purchasing your own mill is a home brewers right of passage to the big league. It's like owning a better brew pot or a wort chiller. Once you graduate to that convenience, you don't look back.
Having your own mill has several advantages: you don't have to wait in line, you can adjust the crush to your liking, and with very little effort you can clean it so your grain won't be influenced by what someone else has milled before you.
The Barley Crusher is our best selling mill for a good reason. It is a high quality grain mill constructed using materials that will last a lifetime, 1018 Cold Rolled Steel for the rollers, 6061 Aluminum for the mill body and hopper, tool steel for the axles with oil impregnated bronze bushings. Precision machining coupled with a Lifetime Warranty assures that this will be the only grain mill you will ever purchase!
We put the Barley Crusher on sale for an unbelievable price just once per year. So if you are thinking about a mill, now is the time to buy! From July 4 - 18, 2016 our Barley Crushers will be on sale for $35 off! You can purchase yours in the store or order online. Online orders will ship from the manufacturer in about a week and the shipping is very economical. Tell your brew buddies all over to get in on this great deal.
Save $35 On Our Best-Selling Mill!
with 7 Pound Hopper
Includes hopper, roller assembly, handle and base.
Sale Price: $99.99
Regular Price: $134.99Purchase Now
with 15 Pound Hopper
Includes extended hopper, roller assembly, handle and base.
Sale Price: $124.99
Regular Price: $159.99
REMEMBER - SALE PRICE IS ONLY AVAILABLE JULY 4-18, 2016
- Rollers are adjustable at both ends to keep the gap spacing parallel giving a uniform crush along the entire length of the rollers.
- The gap default setting is marked and set at .039 at assembly. Adjustment range is from .015 to .070 thousands of an inch.
- The rollers have a 12 TPI knurl to efficiently pull the grain through the rollers while leaving the hull intact to form an excellent filter bed for sparging.
- Comes with a solid base with locators to center the Barley Crusher on a 5 gallon plastic pail. (Pail not included)
- The standard hopper holds an even 7 pounds and the optional large hopper holds 15 pounds. Using a 3/8 drill motor at 500 RPM gives you a crush rate of 6 pounds a minute making big grain bills fast and easy.
- The Barley Crusher needs only minor assembly and there are no adapters needed to use a 3/8 drill motor.
- The Barley Crusher is made in the USA!