|Dennis getting chummy with our first shipment of Imperial cans.|
We have the following strains in stock for $9.99 per can:
- Imperial A04 Barbarian Ale Yeast
- Imperial A07 Flagship Ale Yeast
- Imperial A13 Sovereign Ale Yeast
- Imperial A18 Joystick Ale Yeast
- Imperial B51 Workhorse Ale Yeast
- Imperial B56 Rustic Ale Yeast
- Imperial A20 Citrus Ale Yeast
Imperial Organic Yeast FAQs
A: 200 Billion cells.
Q: If I add one can to 5 gallons of wort, what is the resulting pitch rate?
A: 10.5 million cells/ml
Q: What is the best way open and pitch the Imperial Pitch Right home brew cans?
- Remove the can from your refrigerator.
- Shake the can for about 15 seconds. (It contains thick yeast slurry that needs to be mixed prior to opening).
- Sanitize the can.
- Open the can.
- Pour half of the yeast slurry into your wort.
- Swirl the remaining yeast still in the can and then pour it into your wort. Note: If you feel the need to warm your yeast up prior to pitching, proceed with steps 1-4, then cover the open can with sanitized aluminum foil. After the yeast has reached your desired temperature, proceed with steps 5-6.
Q: Do I need to make a starter before pitching the yeast?
A: The Pitch Right cans were designed to give home brewers enough yeast to direct pitch 5 gallons of wort. If the volume of the wort exceeds 5 gallons or the original gravity of the wort is higher than 1.060 (15oP) more yeast may be required.
Q: If I want to use a Pitch Right can in a starter, how big should the starter be?
A: Because there is so much yeast in each Pitch Right can, we do not recommend making starters smaller than 4 liters. This will give you about the same amount of yeast contained in two Pitch Right cans.
Q: How long can I store Imperial Yeast Pitch Right cans prior to use?
A: We recommend using the freshest yeast possible and back our yeast for 3 months past the manufactured on date. Because we package 200 Billion cells in each can, the actual shelf life of the Pitch Right cans may be much longer.
Q: Do I still need to aerate or oxygenate my wort if I’m using the Pitch Right can?
Q: Isn’t all yeast “organic”?
A: That depends on what you mean by organic. All Imperial Yeast products are USDA Certified Organic by Oregon Tilth. Therefore, we cannot use synthetic chemicals, petroleum based chemicals, and other unnatural ingredients to grow the yeast you are using in your beer.
Q: What do I do with the empty can after I pitch the yeast?
A: Recycle it! Today that can contained yeast. If you recycle it, in a couple of months, it might be used to package your favorite microbrew.
Q: Do you have a simple video that demonstrates can usage?